Monday, December 10, 2007

An introduction

Hello, my name is Kita Wheeler and this is my blog. I am 19 years old, I live with my family, and I am not currently employed or enrolled in school. However, I still somehow remain something other than a total loser. I spend the majority of my time crafting. Actually, to be honest, my time can probably be most accurately divided into the four main categories of Crafting & Creating, Surfing the Net, Doing Housework, and the ever important Sleeping.

When I craft, create, and make art, I do it in a variety of ways and through endless outlets. Currently I am very enamoured with sewing. I sew mostly small stuffed animals and monsters who need love, but I am adventurous. I recently started sewing myself a pleated skirt, which I will surely model when I'm finished. Also, I love to sew accents onto paper crafts. Paper is another great love of mine. I mainly make envelopes and small books, using as much recycled material as possible. Other artistic ventures I have tried and may at any time take up again are painting, drawing, sculpting, paper making, ATC (artist trading card) making, collaging, and mixed media. I think I've remembered everything.

I have been starting to get my Etsy shop set up with some things I've made recently, but it's slow going as I've had some computer/power/internet issues. I am very excited with the prospect of actually making money from something I've created with my own two hands.

If anyone stumbles upon this post, don't give up on me. My later posts will have less of me blathering on, and more pictures, as I am participating in Craft365. If you are unaware, that is where you craft a little every day and take a photo of it. Kind of a spin on Project365. I've been doing it for a few days now, but have yet to post any pictures online. It should be fun!

No comments: